Fury Race Cars and Oval Speed Unlimited to Sponsor Cahill’s Red Scooter Run

Fury Race Cars and Oval Speed Unlimited to Sponsor Cahill’s Red Scooter Run

Holtsville NY— 4/23/2020 JB Fortin Racing, the organizers of Cahill’s Red Scooter Run, are pleased to announce that they have secured support from both Fury Race Cars and Oval Speed Unlimited for the event planned to run on the iRacing service on May 3rd.

The event will consist of two 29 lap feature events at the virtual New Smyrna Speedway using the NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour cars.  The event will start 29 cars and the funds raised from the entry fees, sponsorship, and other donations will be split 25% to the race winner and the remaining 75% of the funds will go to family of Edward Cahill, a JB Fortin Racing crew member who lost his battle with Covid-19.

Ed was a key member of the JB Fortin Racing team, before he joined up with JB Fortin Racing he helped other teams competing at the Riverhead Raceway and even was an accomplished driver himself wielding the number 29 modified around the high banks of Riverhead.

When asked about the news JB Fortin commented: “We are thankful to have seen the outpouring of support for this event, to have Fury and Oval Speed come onboard is an amazing tribute to Ed and what he meant to everyone involved in the sport.  Due to the circumstances we are living in right now we are unable to have a proper funeral for Ed, so the idea of doing something virtual instantly came to mind, Ed always wanted to head down to New Smyrna for speedweeks so the idea easily fell into place.  It feels like the best way we can pay tribute to Ed right now.”

iRacing drivers who are interested in joining the event can purchase an entry through the JB Fortin Racing Website Store (www.JBFortin.com) or by searching for the event on Facebook.